Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Do my shoes smell?

Here is another fabulous story from Junior Youth (4th-6th grade). This story is not about the boy that I have been writing about but is about a girl in the group. I must begin with some background for youth group so you can understand it easier. The order of events for Junior Youth is Lesson, Snack, Game. Depending on if students behave they get snack and a game. Depending on how long it takes us to get through our lesson, the students get a snack and game. So with that out of the way, here is the story.

It had been a rough day for all the students but 2 of them to behave. They just didn't want to sit in their chairs, pay attention, anything...they just wanted to talk and talk and talk...and not about our lesson. Suffice to say, it took us about an hour to get through our lesson(youth group last 1.5 hours) when it usually takes us about half an hour max. So, we got done with the lesson and they had time for a small snack. After they got done with their snack, they started to get ready to leave. I asked them to all sit down because we needed to have a little chat about their behavior that day. So, we were having a pretty improtant discussion...we were talking about what they had done wrong during the day and so on. I look up kitty-corner across the table one of the girls has both of her shoes up to her nose and she is smelling them. Here is what went through my mind when I saw this...What the? Gross! Of all the things that you could do to not pay attention to me while we are having a very important discussion why are you smelling your shoes? This is what I actually after I got her attention, "could you pay attention please"

I went home after youth group and told Lisa about it and we sat on the floor of our kitchen laughing so hard. I love 4th graders

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Block said...

I think that you are witty, funny and a genius. Every time I read your blog I think to myself “wow, Paul really is brilliant and I am so glad that he is in my life”. I also think, “Boy, I hope that Paul continues to write really witty and funny and genius things in his blog.”

6:57 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I agree- Paul's funny!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home