Thursday, February 23, 2006

if knowing is half the Battle then what's the other half?

Two weeks ago in Junior Youth, which is composed of 4th-6th graders, we were talking about knowledge and why it is good and stuff. And I said, just as a joke, that "knowing is half the battle" (you know...the G.I. Joe slogan) and a 4th grade boy who I love dearly looks at me, and as if written in a script, says, "What's the other half?" I smiled and said, "Looking good." He looked at me with a very confused look on his face and said, "Really, I thought it would be something like being nice?" I replied, "No, it's looking good." All I got was a confused look from him. It made me smile all day...I still smile and laugh everytime I think about it.
Which makes me think...I hope that this boy will not take that as truth...That knowledge and looking good is how you when the battle. Oh well...we'll just have to see won't we.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home