Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Fight

A high school student and I are starting a discipleship group. We met for the first time yesterday and we are reading "The Fight", by John White. It is an awesome book about living a Christian life. I read it 6 years ago when I worked the Summer at Cedar Campus. I remember it having a huge impact on my relationship with Christ and I am hoping it will have the same impact again, and for the student that I am meeting with.

Yesterday we talked about what happens when you accept Christ. How you go through an awesome change that you may not know is happening, but is changing your life. We talked about how God has Justified us and that God know views us the same way that He views Christ. It was an awesome thing to be reminded of. God looks at me, you, all that have accepted Christ as their Savior just the way that He view Christ. Man, what a thought.

We also talked about the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives. That He is our Counselor, Teacher, Reminder, Brings us Truth, Convicts us, and Glorifies Jesus. I never really think about the Holy Spirit very much... I know that He is there, but I never really think about Him...I concentrate more on the Father and Son parts of the Trinity. But it is the Holy Spirit that works through me and in me to do my Ministry, to Guide me in my life...to do all the things that I listed above.

Thank you Holy Spirit for how you move in my life and affect me.

So I am hoping that I will grow closer to God through this and that my discipleship partner will grow through it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home