Tuesday, October 10, 2006

That time of the year

Well, I have reached that time in the year when Satan likes to spiritually attack me. It happens every year around this time. The school year starts, all our programs get going, and God pumps me up and gets me excited to do ministry. Then...October comes...Satan has had enough of the great stuff that has been going on and attacks me.

The past few weeks have been really hard for me. I have started (as I do every year) to feel inadequate about my job. I had this happen to me back in April too. I know that it is a tactic by Satan to try to slow down God's ministry in Gaylord, specifically at the First United Methodist Church. I know that it means that I am doing something right and that I am advancing God's kingdom if Satan is attacking me. But I hate going through it. I don't want to. I just once, want him to leave me alone and let me do my ministry. Which I know won't happen when I am being effective.

So, Satan has been using the ploy that numbers mean something...Not that they mean something, but that they are just about everything. Numbers wise, all three of my youth groups have been struggling. Especially the Senior High. But I know that my students have been learning more about God and have been learning what it means to follow Him. We started this year studying why our youth ministry exists and what our purpose is. It has been great to see the students really getting into learning about evangelism, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and worship. And I am understanding just how much some students do not truly understand what those five things mean. (I try to remember if I knew what those things truly meant when I was in Jr. or Sr. High). I have also been able to develop relationships with some of the students much easier because I am talking to less students all at once.

Satan has also been attacking my work ethic. Because I am feeling so down about my ministry...I really don't feel like working. The past couple of days I have totally been unproductive. I have let small things get in the way of important things. I need to get my focus back on what is important...my ministry to the families at FUMC. It has been a struggle and I am trying different tactics to combat it. Some of them are working and some of them are not. But I trust that God will bring my focus and desire back to the way it was when school started and I was determined to make this year the better than last year.

So, please pray for me...I need prayers to fight the temptations that Satan is placing in front of me. It has been hard and I need help. I want my ministry to be effective and for the students in our church to learn more what it means to be followers of Christ.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Mary and I say, "Hi!" Don't let yourself get down. You are impacting the youth you have in ways that you can't even imagine right now. We pray for you.

2:19 AM  
Blogger Lisa Block said...

Paul Block Rules

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home